Blue Planet Fund: Competitive Fund – Team Leader
IMC Worldwide is tracking the upcoming Defra-funded Blue Planet Fund Competitive Fund programme which will soon be released to market. This programme aims to place “the ocean on a path to recovery that enables local communities and nature to thrive” through providing competitive funding for organisations that specifically focus on reaching local communities and local organisations. The competitive fund will focus on:
· marine protected areas (MPAs) and other effective conservation measures (OECMs)
· illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing (IUU)
· (inter)national fisheries
· marine pollution
Defra is looking for a supplier to manage this fund.
We’re looking for someone who can successfully lead and deliver this programme ensuring effective, timely and value for money delivery. The role will also include responsibility for strategic vision, overall delivery and results of the programme as well as technical inputs.
We are specifically looking for someone who has:
– Experience leading and managing large (£40m+) grant programmes and/or challenge/competitive funds for Defra, FCDO/DFID, or other major international donors.
– Ideally some experience working with Defra
– Ideally has a background and technical knowledge in marine and ocean-related areas like: marine protected areas; illegal, unreported, and unregulated fishing (IUU); (intern)national fisheries; marine pollution; critical marine habitats; aquaculture.
– If not the above, then a background in biodiversity and nature or experience working on projects financed by ICF (International Climate Finance) would be necessary.
– Experience on capacity building small grantees or organisations
This will ideally be a full-time position for the duration of the programme, which is expected to run from January 2023 for at least 2 years and 3 months, with the potential for a further 4 year extension subject to funding approvals. The position will require some travel to projects funded by the competitive fund in the 5 priority Blue Planet Fund regions which are:
· West and Central Africa
· East and Southern Africa
· South Asia and South East Asia
· Pacific SIDS
· Caribbean SIDS and Eastern Pacific
If this position is of interest, please submit your current CV for consideration to email@example.com with Blue Planet Fund: Competitive Fund in the subject line. Please include details of your current availability and your anticipated fee rate. Please note this position is contingent on IMC being awarded the contract.
Applicants will be reviewed on a rolling basis.