DNV is seeking a talented and motivated Senior Metocean Analyst to join our Metocean team in London (hybrid position).
The team is at the forefront of implementing the green energy transition around the world today and we’re looking for people who can bring big ideas, new skills and innovative thinking to help us in this journey. We have an exciting opportunity to join the Metocean team as a Senior Metocean Analyst, providing specialist meteorological and oceanographic support across a range of offshore projects, from the early stages of development through to construction and into operation.
For more than 35 years, our metocean department has been a global centre of excellence for the provision of metocean criteria to the marine and offshore industries. In this role, you will support the production of analysis and modelling to establish normal and extreme metocean conditions at offshore locations worldwide (covering a variety of applications such as offshore wind (fixed and floating), offshore solar and O&G). You will work with colleagues in other engineering teams to feed these conditions into the projects, and provide detailed technical information and knowledge to allow for the safe design and operation of our client’s portfolios.
- Providing metocean analysis, expertise, and innovation at all stages of offshore projects, with the ability to communicate oceanographic and meteorological concepts to non- expert audiences.
- Liaising with metocean analysts to ensure the calculation and methodologies used for establishing normal and extreme metocean conditions are robust, defendable, and appropriate, providing a safe basis for design of all offshore structures.
- Opportunities to not only deliver technical work but also develop project management and skills through direct interaction with clients and other DNV teams.
- Work within the Metocean team to define, develop and build further in-house capability for metocean analysis – with the aim of a best-in-class capability.
- Commission, manage and review third party data and reports, providing detailed feedback to ensure DNV receives high quality project inputs.
- Experience in analysis of metocean conditions.
- Experience in modelling and data analysis using MATLAB and/or Python (though experience with other languages will also be considered).
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across all levels of team members, stakeholders, external bodies, and contractors.
- Experience in modelling studies, ideally using MIKE21 software, will be an advantage.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Ability to address complex technical issues and to make them simple through proven problem-solving skills and innovation.
- Willingness to support the business development by contributing to proposals.
- Methodical and effective project management skills: ability to proactively plan and coordinate key activities. Ability to meet with prospective clients, to plan, price and win new work and to manage that work to completion both to budget and timeframe.
- Be proactive and with ability to work under your own initiative with limited supervision.
- Adaptable and reactive with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and maintain high performance without compromising on quality when working to challenging deadlines.
- Lifestyle benefits (26 days of annual leave + opportunity for up to 10 days unpaid leave, sabbatical leave, flexible working options).
A permanent contract.
- Wellbeing benefits (inc Private Medical and Dental Insurance, Health Assessments, Gym allowance and free fruit).
Pension Scheme: employer-matched pension contributions (employer contribution – up to 9%).
- Travel benefits (inc Season Ticket Loan and Cycle to Work Scheme).
- Life Assurance and Group Income Protection benefits.
- Electric Vehicle Salary Sacrifice Scheme (for personal use).
- Re-imbursement of relevant Professional Membership Fees (up to £500).
- Access to employee retail discount site for high street and on-line shopping.
- Company contribution towards; eye tests and glasses (for computer/laptop users), and Flu Vaccination.
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – providing free and confidential support for issues including work, family, relationships, money and health.
If you think you are the person to help us achieve our goals – don’t forget to apply!
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.